Sunday 13 November 2011

Still Delayed?

Dear RGUK fans,

Firstly I am sorry for the very long wait but the wait is over as the blogs will be flooding back this week. At last I bet you thinking, there will be a lot more posts and more frequent as the time goes on, so you can relax because we have the Retro news for you, just typing it all up and then posting will be ready soon before you know it.

Also as I believe you may be excited about Christmas? or starting to feel excited, or maybe the little special kid you have brings back Christmas, what are your wishes, mine is a retro laptop that I can do work on, ideally an Intel Pentium 3, I will be emulating on it as well. I do also wish for a Sega Dreamcast in the stocking, or maybe Super Nintendo, or maybe a Nintendo 64, ah classics. Well I got some news for you....

A couple days ago, I managed to pick up a Sony Playstation 1 console (Grey) fat version, is it the 7002 model,  from a local second hand shop. Great my initial thoughts were, original console, original grey Analogue not the Dual Shock version, as there is a difference between the two, I will post pics once I can get hold of one, unless a visitor to RGUK would like to donate a free picture of the difference, please as this would be greatful, your name can be mentioned for your work if you wish. Anyway the only thing....no box, but what can you expect for £7.99. When I got home I plugged it into my Samsung 32" HD LED TV perfect, now turn it on, lovely picture lovely start up sound, check the menu, and SoundScope as well, lens great. Now the testing begins, a CD-R game that booted, that surprised me, so here I am thinking it was a normal console, no mods, and yet it has a modchip. Well that is not a problem to me as I like to backup my games, to prevent scratches to the original disc. Also it is a great opportunity to use my Net Yaroze discs and Access Card as well.

For a little while been busy with my 5 months old daughter and trying to find a PC that will keep me going until I build my AMD PC next year. I did get a PC but that went wrong, so now using my old trustworthy Compaq D500 on Windows XP Pro, perfect for some retro emulating and Magazine making.

Now the final most important part the Retro Gamez UK magazine, is delayed but there is no worries, because it should be ready before the end of the year, maybe smaller then expected as the PC and the backup lost a lot of my work, so having to start over yet again. What would you like to see in the magazine, comments are welcome, the more information and support for the magazine the better it will be for you to read, high quality free magazine for our visitors. Fingers crossed this little Compaq D500 keeps going strong, touch wood!

I will be posting very soon, now that I am back online again. Bye for now Retro Gamez UK fans, keep well and warm. Remember to comment I will happy to read your comments. Thank you for your support.

Best Wishes RGUK

No comments:

Post a Comment