Wednesday 16 November 2011

Retro Day

Hello fans, I am trying to short the posts a little bit, but lets see what happens, I am a chatter box after all :) Today I have setup my small lcd screen and plugged my old PC and Xbox Original (Not 360) in the screen, great day done some work and played a bit today as well as normal households activities that have needs as usual. Gaming I find is a great way to reward yourself.

For the past week I have been on the Playstation 1 (PS1) and today the Xbox Original. So far today I been playing on Forza 1, level 20 with Toyota Celica, lovely to drive, but really do I need to take of my upgrades when riding in a mid power car for a mid power race, when I like full power, nice sounding engine not over revving, just a normal race....hmm lets think not seca usa ouch, in Level 20 it is a pain in the... you can imagine being again a Ferrari, Corvette C6, now that is interesting, I still beat them I rarely loose at racing games, I have an eye for racing. I drive in Manual TCS off but more fun to power around the corners when in need, especially that test track on Level 20. The game is harder to play as well because I own an OEM controller, the original broke when putting carpet down, long story, but shortened not my fault that the cable split, the sensitivity on this controller makes driving hard to fun, and sometimes can actually be useful.

For Ps1 I been using a PS2 contoller original on it for racing games. The games I have played this week:
Bust-A-Move 3DX, Overboard, Tekken 3, Toca 2, Who wants to be a millionaire 2nd edition (not as good as 1st edition I think) Ridge Racer Type 4, Rapid Racer, Rage Racer, Spyro 2, Crash 3, Actual Pool, Destruction Derby 2, No Fear Downhill Mountain Biking, the No Fear is a great game, my advice do not use Analogue on the river level, because you need to get the speed up, but break on a straight not on corners as you fall straight into the river, the graphics and the sounds are great. The game itself I found locked into, I loved everything about it, I use R1  for rear breaks and L1 for front breaks, X for Acc, left Analogue stick in some cases for steering. For accessories I am after a JogCon controller for the PS1 for extra fun. For Xbox Shenmue 2 again, as the first disc is missing. I enjoy the consoles and games from the past.

If you fancy a blast get the PS hardware, but if you fancy it on PC, get a PS Controller to USB converter then plug the original PS controller into it for the ultimate feel. I use one myslf and it is great for MAME as well as Sega Mega Drive emulation. Fusion for Sega Mega Drive is great, and for Playstation ePSXe emulator I prefer version 1.8 with bios file 7502 or 9002 not the 1001/1002 as I find it a bit buggy at times. Min spec, 128mb graphics can be onboard turn of V-Sync, CPU Intel Pentium 4 I recommend for min, or AMD Athlon 1.8GHz memory 512MB, onboard sound welcome, maybe a CD Drive, ISO drive, controller specs are for epsxe. For Fusion you need a min of Windows 2000 I recommend, for error free operation, most onboard graphics cards, Nvidia 16mb min, 256mb ram, onboard sound, rom folder to load the games, and controller. I recommend Windows 2000 Pro min Windows XP for retro gaming is great, Windows Vista and Windows 7 has some problems with plug-ins with epsxe. A full guide to follow up soon, specs may need to be adjusted, but is a simple guide, you can get away with Direct X 8 and 9. Defrag your computer weekly and get rid of those cluttered files and your PC should be a lot better. Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Defragmenter then click on the default drive, and click defrag. This helps if your computer is running slow. Check the registry with C Cleaner or any program that you prefer. Any problems email me at john.wcp88@gmail(dot)com replace (dot) with .

Will be posting soon, hope you enjoyed your read and little help as well.
Keep well
Best Wishes, Retro Gamez UK
Twitter: retrogamezuk (please follow us)
URL: http://adf.ly/987426/retro-games-uk

No comments:

Post a Comment