Saturday 15 June 2013

Yet Another Blog Post June 2013

Hello everyone,
It has been a busy few months, so let me fill you in with what I have been doing. So far 2013 has not been my year I have had some upsetting new regards to my family, but still carrying on strong. Never the less I have not disappeared from Retro Gamez UK, I am still all retro at heart and have been busy with my computer. What I have done since I last blogged is Installed Windows again onmy computer as my operating system was bugging me, but still have not had decent luck with windows vista and windows 7 so have made a return back to Linux, this time I am using Linux Mint 15 desktop.

So far I have configured Mame, Vice, Visualboy Advance, Dosbox, Zsnes, Gems, PCSX and Open ITG (for In The Groove - Dance Dance Revolution style game). All good so far, in fact I have had better luck with my setup since I have installed Linux Mint 15, I did have a problem with installing Broadcom Wireless Lan, but managed to sort that with using the Ethernet cable to router and doing some commands in terminal. Don't worry I still can recommend emulators for Windows as well as Linux. I still have a long way to go with setting up emulators for Linux, but it's getting there. Also since I last blogged I have been collecting Ps1 games, starting from SCPH-00001 (Ridge Racer), I am collecting the first 10 games that were first released within 1995/96. I have a fairly big collection now and will be continuing with the collection, as it's my main collection now.

There is so many more games that I want to collect and now finding it here in the UK a bit of a dry land in finding some gems (ps1 games).  When I play on the ps1 it feels completely different now as to when I did play it back in the days, as sometimes when my friends would come over would play on my PlayStation 1 console, and they would choose the game or bring one over, and we would sit and play on the game. I remember when I played Toca, I would drive normally with manual gears etc, all the usual settings as you do, my friend would take it serious for about a lap, then spin round and literally speed round to go into me and say we are playing chicken as I know you are going to win the race anyway. That were the times where you would follow what others would play etc. However, now I play games that I want to play and try to complete the games as well as looking for glitches and different things that I didn't notice before, when playing back in the days, so now it's like a completely different experience.

Eventually I want to have two PlayStation 1 consoles linked together along with two CRT Tv's that would be amazing to do that again, a friend of mine to bring his console over and I would fetch the 14" to put along side the main living room tv, and we would play linked up game of Wipeout, now that were good times.

I would say PlayStation 1 is my favourite 32bit console. my favourite 8 bit computer would be Commodore 64 with the original colour monitor, but if I were to choose a commodore computer as my 2nd favourite I would have to say Commodore Plus 4. However lets not forget how brilliant Batman music sounds on Amstrad CPC 464 now that is pure brilliant sounds, along side Ocean Loader on Commodore 64 as well as Rambo Part II, music on that sounds great thanks to the SID chip. Amstrad CPC 464 is also my favourite as well but Commodore tops it off with the SID chip. Spectrum ZX 128+2 has one of my favourite games I know this may sound odd to you, but it has to be Enduro Racer by Sega, that tape I still can't part with, brings happy memories to me.

So there you have it a little update, I know it has been a long time, but rest assured I have been busy sorting emulators, my computer, my collection as well as other things and distractions, let's just say so far 2013 has not been my year, things keep going wrong, but am trying my best to keep strong, I will be making more posts, now I got my system back up and running properly this time.

Thank you for reading and your support it means a lot to me, thank you.

All the best,
Retro Gamez UK

No comments:

Post a Comment